Sunday, April 20, 2008

Week 2 stats

First things first, the timekeeping. Even though our tee time is 7:42, we got off at 7:35. An early tee of means nothing unless we can manage to tee off before the regular foursome that is playing in front of us. We finished the front nine at 10 (2 hours and 25 minutes) and finished the back nine in about 2 hours and 15 minutes - total time 4:45 not terrible, but could have been better.
Recapping the action - notable hits.
1st hole - everyone in the fairway!!
2nd hole - Bernie and Dan right in the center of the fairway. Barry with a monster drive almost at the green.
3rd hole - Dan's up and down from over 50 yards out - pitch to the green 12 foot putt
Barry recalled his youth and opted to play in the sand a while.
4th hole - I'll take my par as a highlight
5th hole - Bernie's drive dead center
6th hole - Dan and Barry nice approach shots
7th hole - My sand shot that I hit a mile, fortunately a tree stopped it from going to the 8th tee
8th hole - don't remember anything special
9th hole - Several good pitch shots by all
10th hole - my shot that hit the flag from 75 yards out
11th hole - Bernie's tee shot as close as you can get to the pin without being in the water
12th hole - Bernie and I went over the hill
13th hole - we really split up with Barry going across the stream on the left and me going down the other fairway on the right
14th hole - Bernie blasting out of the in between bunker
15th hole - Barry made a tough shot from way below the green
16th hole - tricky green - a whole lot of putting and a lot of back and forth
17th hole - I thought my drive was good, but then Barry hit further in the fairway
18th hole - Barry's drive down the left side ended up going over 200 yards.

No comments: